Apply for Admission at EKU
Thank you for your interest in applying to EKU. We are happy to provide you with this online application to make your application process as simple as possible. Your information is transmitted through a secure server and is kept confidential until you submit your application. Only after you submit your application will it be ready for review by our admissions staff.
First Time Applicants: Select "CREATE AN ACCOUNT" to begin your application.
Previous Applicants: Your existing 'Login ID' and 'PIN' will allow you to return to work on your application.
Please carefully read the instructions that appear throughout the application pages. You can only submit your application one time. If you have updates, or need assistance, please contact us during business hours at (800) 465-9191. We wish you all the best in your college search and look forward to reviewing your application.
If you need help completing this application process, click here for instructions and a walk through.
Looking for more information about EKU?
© 2018 Ellucian Company L.P. and its affiliates.
This software contains confidential and proprietary information of Ellucian or its subsidiaries.
Use of this software is limited to Ellucian licensees, and is subject to the terms and conditions of one or more written license agreements between Ellucian and such licensees.
Take a Virtual Tour
Great journeys begin at EKU! Take the next step toward charting your course at Eastern Kentucky University. Test our new freshman Scholarship Estimator to see if you qualify for an automatic merit award.
A student is considered a freshman at EKU, when he or she has:
- no previous college coursework, or
- completed college coursework prior to high school graduation, or
- earned 23 hours or fewer college credits since high school graduation.
Eastern Kentucky University takes a holistic approach to determining admission. Below are the standards for guaranteed admission to the university as a first-time freshman:
ACT English: 18+ or SAT Evidence Based Reading/Writing: 450
ACT Math: 19+ or SAT Math 480
ACT Reading: 20+ or SAT Evidence Based Reading/Writing: 490
High School Cumulative GPA (unweighted): 2.5
New freshman applicants may also be granted Standard, Success First or Conditional admission. All applicants, regardless of category, must have a minimum high school GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Visit the Admission Standard Calculator (ASC) at www.admissions.eku.edu/calculator to determine you admission eligibility.
*All students must have a minimum high school GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and meet Kentucky college readiness standards in English (18), Math (19), Reading (20) on the ACT subject tests or SAT equivalents. Students who do not meet the requirement for full admission may seek enrollment through a Success Firstinitiative or may retest to demonstrate proficiency.
How to Apply
- Apply to EKU using the online application
- Submit payment for the $35 admissions processing fee.
- Provide an official high school transcript showing a minimum of six semesters of coursework at the time of admission and a final transcript post-graduation. Students who have earned 23 hours or fewer of college credit since graduating high school must also provide an official college transcript.
- Send official ACT or SAT scores and transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- If you cannot access the online application you may download and mail the application (PDF format).