This degree is focused on giving you real world outcomes, and includes real world learning. There are no exams – instead you’ll develop an industry-relevant project portfolio as part of your degree. And you’ll attend industry events with our course innovation partners including KPMG, NAB, PwC, and Telstra.
You’ll learn from over 250 Dúcere Global Leaders – including former presidents, prime ministers, Nobel Prize winners, business leaders and startup pioneers – rather than traditional academics who can sometimes feel removed from the real world of business and the new world of work.
Integrated online support is always only a click away.
The University of Canberra Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship 334JA is awarded by the University of Canberra – ranked in the top 2%* of universities worldwide.
*Ranked top 2% in 2018 World University Rankings, 2018 QS World Rankings
Global Game Changers – Degrees Done Differently
This full day workshop, facilitated by the Australian Institute of Management (AIM), will provide you with the skills you need to make effective decisions which are aligned to business goals. The course considers a range of models and techniques and provides practical guidance on how to implement them in your workplace.
Click here to learn more about AIM http://www.aim.com.au/
Who should attend
This course is designed for staff members who would like to become more adept at solving everyday problems within the workplace.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Define common workplace problems and challenges and explore effective solutions
- Use creativity to assist with effective problem solving
- Access tools for critical thinking, problem solving, logic and reasoning
- Apply new techniques for effective decision making
What the course will cover
Topics addressed will include:
- What is strategy? Exploring the link between strategic management and decision making
- How do I link innovation to strategy? Using the Innovation DNA Model
- What is ‘Whole Brain Thinking’? Understanding your brain and how the brain solves problems
- Why is critical thinking important? Critical thinking techniques and problem solving tools
- What is the link between innovation and problem solving? Using tools such as the ‘Innovation Criteria Grid’, the ‘Contemplation Matrix and ‘Think 360’ to assist you.
When can I attend
Please email email@example.com for further information.
$280 per participant
For non-attendance/cancellation of a course with fees, the following charges will apply, unless the registrant nominates a colleague (who meets the eligibility criteria for the course) to attend in their place.
a. Notification of cancellation received within 0 – 5 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 100% of course fees
b. Notification of cancellation received within 6 – 10 working days of the course date will incur a charge equivalent to 50% of course fees
Please note for non-attendance due to illness or caring responsibilities, reasonable evidence will be required to waive the non-attendance fee.
A requirement of the registration process is to discuss and obtain the following from your supervisor:
- Approval to attend the training program; and
- Local area charging code