Use your concept map or plan
Write your assignment using your map or plan to guide you. As you write, you may well get new ideas or think about ideas in slightly different ways. This is fine, but check back to your map or plan to evaluate whether that idea fits well into the plan or the paragraph that you are writing at the time. Consider: In which paragraph does it best fit? How does it link to the ideas you have already discussed?
For every paragraph, think about the main idea that you want to communicate in that paragraph and write a clear topic sentence which tells the reader what you are going to talk about. A main idea is more than a piece of content that you found while you were researching, it is often a point that you want to make about the information that you are discussing. Consider how you are going to discuss that idea (what is the paragraph plan). For example, are you: listing a number of ideas, comparing and contrasting the views of different authors, describing problems and solutions, or describing causes and effects?
Use linking words throughout the paragraph. For example:
- List paragraphs should include words like: similarly, additionally, next, another example, as well, furthermore, another, firstly, secondly, thirdly, finally, and so on.
- Cause and effect paragraphs should include words like: consequently, as a result, therefore, outcomes included, results indicated, and so on.
- Compare and contrast paragraphs should include words like: on the other hand, by contrast, similarly, in a similar way, conversely, alternatively, and so on.
- Problem solution paragraphs should include words like: outcomes included, identified problems included, other concerns were overcome by, and so on.
Some paragraphs can include two plans, for example a list of problems and solutions. While this is fine, it is often clearer to include one plan per paragraph.
Look at your plan or map and decide on the key concepts that link the different sections of your work. Is there an idea that keeps recurring in different sections? This could be a theme that you can use to link ideas between paragraphs. Try using linking words (outlined above) to signal to your reader whether you are talking about similar ideas, whether you are comparing and contrasting, and so on. The direction that your thinking is taking in the essay should be very clear to your reader. Linking words will help you to make this direction obvious.
Different parts of the essay:
While different types of essays have different requirements for different parts of the essay, it is probably worth thinking about some general principles for writing introductions, body paragraphs and conclusions. Always check the type of assignment that you are being asked to produce and consider what would be the most appropriate way to structure that type of writing.
Remember that in most (not all) writing tasks, especially short tasks (1,000 to 2,000 words), you will not write headings such as introduction and conclusion. Never use the heading ‘body’.
Writing an introduction:
Introductions need to provide general information about the topic. Typically they include:
- Background, context or a general orientation to the topic so that the reader has a general understanding of the area you are discussing.
- An outline of issues that will and will not be discussed in the essay (this does not have to be a detailed list of the ideas that you will discuss). An outline should be a general overview of the areas that you will explore.
- A thesis or main idea which is your response to the question.
Here is an example of an introduction:
It is often a good idea to use some of the words from the question in the introduction to indicate that you are on track with the topic. Do not simply recount the question word for word.
Writing the body:
- Each paragraph should make a point which should be linked to your outline and thesis statement.
- The most important consideration in the body paragraphs is the argument that you want to develop in response to the topic. This argument is developed by making and linking points in and between paragraphs.
Try structuring paragraphs like this:
- Topic sentence: open the paragraph by making a point
- Supporting sentences: support the point with references and research
- Conclusive sentence: close the paragraph by linking back to the point you made to open the paragraph and linking this to your thesis statement.
Here is an example of a body paragraph from the essay about education and globalisation:
As you write the body, make sure that you have strong links between the main ideas in each of the paragraphs.
Writing the conclusion:
This is usually structured as follows:
- Describe in general terms the most important points made or the most important linkage of ideas
- Do not include new information, therefore it does not usually contain references
- End with a comment, a resolution, or a suggestion for issues that may be addressed in future research on the topic.
Here is an example conclusion from the essay on education:
Writing skills require a lot of time and practice to develop. Students vary widely in their ability to write. Some write well, others average and some below average. But every student does aspire to get good grades as everyone struggles to secure a good professional occupation in their careers once they graduate. We at AoneAssignment.com provide our services to all those students who lack this ability to write well and can use certain professional writing tips and assistance to support their scores in such assignments. We are the best essay writing company serving thousands of students online with the online assignment help. We deal with assignments consisting of research work, writing a thesis, coursework and essay writing homework. Not only this, but we also cater to assignments relating to a number of different subjects such as Management of Financial Institutions, Economics of Business Strategy and Foundations of Electronic Commerce and many other subjects. You can always ask us, “Write my assignment for me” and we will do it for you! We have hired full time professional writers that are degree holders from accredited institutions so that they can help students with assignments from different fields and varying in difficulty. Gone are the days when I had to request others to write my custom assignment for me, AOneAssignment.com is my solution to all my academic problems.
Find out about our university assignment service in Ireland
Along with countries such as the United States of America and United Kingdom, Ireland is also becoming an increasing attractive country for international students to visit and take admission in its high standard colleges and universities. These students from other countries also go through a rigorous academic period with the pressures of scoring good in order to graduate with good marks to obtain better employment opportunities which help them in their permanent residency. To serve students in this academic pressure, our university assignment service in Ireland is gaining rapid popularity among international as well as national students. When you are willing to pay to do the assignment, we get it done. When you are worried and ask, ‘Can someone write my essay for money?’ we will do for you in a jiffy. We are truly the best essay writing company in the world. Students find it convenient to visit our website where they are guided by our helpful representatives who inform the prospective customers of the rates, policies, and delivery time periods and genuine service charges. It was never so easy before, now students can take online assignment help from us by simply saying, “Write my assignment for me.” The prices are set at a nominal rate, so that students at all economic levels do not find it difficult to afford our facilities.