Creating an assignment on Edmodo is easy. Assignment Posts will show up in the Class/Group members' Group or Class Stream, and will automatically be added to the members' Planners. The Class/Group members can easily turn in the assignment right in Edmodo.
To post a new assignment to one or more of your classes or groups, follow these instructions.
- Select the “Assignment” tab located in the post bubble at the top of your group’s page.
- Fill out the following details for the Assignment:
- Assignment title
- Description of the Assignment
- Due date (set by clicking on the calendar icon)
- Due time (select a time deadline for the assignment on the due date)
- Send Now: Clicking the "Send" button will send the post immediately (posts will appear on the Post Stream in the order they were sent.)
- Send Later: Clicking the "Send Later" icon - - will automatically send the post at the chosen time. Make sure the time zone listed in your account settings is the same for all teachers and students.) After you select the date and time to schedule the assignment, hit "Send" to add it to your scheduled posts queue.
Note: If you send an Assignment to individual students, instead of to a whole class/group, it won't show up automatically in the Progress Book. You will have to navigate to the Assignment results in the Progress Book, enter the assignment if it’s not there already, and manually enter the student’s score. Attaching an image to the assignment may lower the image resolution.
After you have loaded and sent an Assignment to Students, you'll need to teach them how to complete and submit an Assignment. Have your students follow the steps below:
- Log in into their Edmodo Account.
- Select your Class from the left side panel and the student will see the Assignment in the Post Stream, or they can view the Assignment from their Latest Activity area in the Post Stream of their Homepage.
- Click the “Open Assignment" button located next to the due date to submit the Assignment.
- Students can choose to create a new text response or Office Online file or attach a pre-existing file from their computer, backpack, or connected Drive, or a web link.
- Click on the “ Turn in Assignment" button.
Note: If a student wants to resubmit an Assignment, they can use this same process to resubmit the assignment as many times as necessary, until you have graded it. Once you have graded the Assignment, you can also request that the student resubmit the assignment.
Are your students submitting image files for an Assignment?
Many teachers have their students submit image files for assignments on Edmodo. This is a great way to collect student work. However, when image files are attached to assignment submissions, their file size is reduced to increase the speed and performance of the upload, which can occasionally result in decreased or distorted image quality. If you would like to maintain the original file size and quality of the image, please see the solution below:
- Students can upload their photos to an external hosting site, such as Flickr or Google Photos, and then attach the links to their images to their assignment submissions. This way, you can ensure that the students' submissions will not be distorted or reduced in quality.
- Or, browse this list of other photo-sharing sites that you can use.